Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Weekend wrap up

I apologize, none of the photos are mine, I really need to get better at taking photos........
Anyways here is my weekend recap.

Friday Night

the MAT at USC had an OC meet up for current and graduated students. It was fun to get to meet some local peeps and gain an inside perspective on the job market, testing strategies, and course content. I can't wait for the next one.

Saturday

I got up early 6:30 am for my CSET and took just about the whole 5 hours, making sure and double checking my answers. Nick was kind enough to be a support and drive me to UCI for the exam and pick me up. I finished at 12:30pm and was STARVING. Luckily there was a farmers market in the shopping center by UCI and a Steelhead Brewery. We did a bit of market shopping then I had lunch (a yummy veggie sandwich and fires) and a large beer to wash away my test grime. After lunch I had to head home to finish a paper for a class and then it was time to have some fun. Nick and I rode our bikes to the Wedge, Nick got in, but I sat and watched it was pretty big. We finished up the day for happy hour drinks and tacos at Cabo Cantina.

Sunday

Nick got up and headed to SD to surf and check out the shop. I had beach volleyball class with the city at Corona del Mar beach. I love being able to play again, and was even asked by some local beach players to keep playing after the class was over, so I played for about 3.5 hours, when I ran out of water I headed home because it was HOT, needless to say I should have packed more H2o as I had a bit of a headache the rest of the afternoon, so I stayed in and finally watched Gidget (from the 1960s), it was different and a bit slow for today's movie standards but a perfect summer movie. Made me want to go out front and surf, too bad the beach was black balled for the evening. (we really need to do what Australia does and have surf and swim beaches during high traffic times)

No comments:

Post a Comment