Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Adventures in cooking...Baking sweet potato fries

Have you ever tried to bake fries at home, only to have them 1) raw or 2) burned? I have until I stumbled across a baking tip (I don't remember where I found it) that said to pre-boil your fries before baking, this will soften them up and help them to not burn while baking, they also come out with pretty good fry consistency. It is really easy, you just need about an hour of time (but you can read a book, clean, cook the rest of the dinner, while these puppies are baking).

Ingredients:
2 large sweet potatoes
Spray olive oil
Butter - to season (optional)
Lava salt- to season (or what ever you like on your fries)

First:
Cut the sweet potatoes into fry sticks (1/4 in thick worked best)


Second: 
Place in boiling water for about 12 minutes

Third:
Spray cookie sheet with olive oil (I like to spray tin foil so I don't have to scrub the baking sheet) then spread out your fries evenly on the sheet. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes at 450 degrees, flipping fries half way through to brown on all sides.

Fourth:
Season how you would like (or you can season half way through baking time), serve (we had lettuce wrapped cheese and avocado burgers), and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment