Pages

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Long walks, lessons and a feliz cumple




Sunday was lovely, I spent the whole day walking. I took the Subte to Plaza Italia and was headed to the Japanese Gardens when I saw a huge park with lakes, so I detoured and found my favorite spot in Buenos Aires, Parque de Deportes or the Palermo Lakes district. It’s beautiful, there are some small lakes, a beautiful rose garden, large grass areas, and the whole perimeter is closed off on the weekends for people to rollerblade, bike, walk and run…I loved it. After walking for about 2 hours my nose too me to a street vendor selling the best churrasco sandwiches, or grilled steak sandwiches with queso, egg and onions on top. Heaven. The Japanese gardens were somewhat of a disappointment, but I think after you’ve been to the gardens in SF all Japanese gardens would disappoint unless they were in Japan, it’s the same philosophy I have with zoo’s, after going to the SD zoo, I don’t need to go to another because they are just disappointing, even Steve Irwin’s Zoo in OZ. I might just be picky. Plus the gardens were over crowded with tourists and it was a place more for kids to buy fish food to feed the coy than it was for tranquil or beautiful gardens.

This week has been a bit tranquil, have been working on more online research to get Vos a higher web presence on-line. Some of what I am doing is investigating travel websites, blogs, and government sites and trying to contact them to get more advertising or partnering information.  Spanish classes are going well. Some days I feel confident and some I lose it all…I really just need to keep practicing. I have all the tools, I just need to start remembering them and thinking in Spanish, I understand conversations better though. And have been asked for directions on the street because I look local which is nice. A side note, the Argentines look more European than you would think, they have a lot of German, Italian and other European blood, so a female with a bit of olive in her skin with brown hair would look like a local.

Monday I went to CineClub at Vos, we watched El Aura http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Aura. Weird but interesting at the same time and a bit easier to understand than some of the other movies because there wasn’t much talking. Wednesday was my Spanish school’s 3rd birthday so we went to After Office “literally happy hour” but they don’t have a Spanish word for it so they say “After Office” at Godoy, a bar in Palermo. It was a great time but a late evening. At least classes were put off until the afternoon the next day so I could catch up on my sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment