After my breakdown on Sunday, I decided I needed a walk in nature, unfortunately; I live in a city and the only real nature is in gardens. I headed out to the Jardin Botanical. Let’s just say I didn’t quite get the beautiful nature scene I was looking for but, it was tranquil and with all the plants I did feel like I was breathing some fresh air. The gardens were really sad looking to me, I know its fall but it’s just the beginning of fall and still in the high 60’s low 70’s most of the day. I had to search hard to find any color other than brown and green. The walkways were just as bad as the sidewalks in BsAs; with crumbled stairs, closed parts under construction, piles of rock for the footpath everywhere, it just really was quite sad. I think the part that got me the most was the park is a Porterños favorite place to abandon their cats. In an hour I managed to see about 70 cats of all types and ages. It really broke my heart, especially since most of them were so friendly. I don’t understand why people abandon their pets…….
On to a lighter note, that night I met up with a friend of a friend from America, who has also quit her job to move to BsAs and learn Spanish and figure out life. We at dinner at what I think so far is the best restaurant in BsAs, Cumana, it was delicious and incredibly cheep for how great the food was. Monday night I went to a concert at Konex, an indoor/outdoor warehouse type place, to listen to La Bomba de Tiempo. They were awesome. The drummer from Punte Celeste (see prior blog) is the conductor of this drumming band. The music is catching and the best part is he makes up the songs as he’s up there. A great time, minus my sore throat from all the cigarette smoke, I love America because you can’t smoke inside.
Tuesday I got the internet back at my house, only to leave my computer cord at school and have minimal battery on my laptop, it’s my Irish (err Scottish) luck, I swear. I did manage to stay in this night, I think…..Can’t remember, my memory is going with the lack of sleep here. Ha-ha
By Wednesday my mind was numb from all the Spanish. In 3 weeks, I have re-learned the present, past simple, past perfect, past imperfect, future simple, future conditional tenses, the gerund, imperative to give instructions both positively and negatively, connectors, prepositions, possessive pronouns, object pronouns…….and all the irregular ways to do this, plus many nouns, adjectives, verbs, masculine, feminine…..forms…..ugh, exhausting! My mind is reeling with information. So when Connect 123, the company who found me my internship, was having a drinks and appetizer night, I was all for it. We headed to Congo and had a pretty relaxing night, talking in mostly English, I needed this by the way, but again it was a late night. Because as usual we didn’t order apps until after 9:30pm.
Work has been……well work, and it’s that third week mark (I think), maybe it’s the fourth, I am losing track quickly, but I’m at bit overwhelmed with all the Spanish so work has been taxing, but I do really enjoy marketing and I enjoy working for a small company in an informal setting. The people here at Vos Buenos Aires are truly great people to work with. I am glad I am here to learn and live, even if it’s taxing at times.

No comments:
Post a Comment