Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Northern California Trip Part 3

On Friday I headed towards the valley for Poker Run and Houseboats with my sorority little sister and her family. I did stop in Modesto to have lunch with my Grandmother and Aunt, then it was off to Lake McClure for the weekend. I was good this year and DID NOT get hurt, woohoo! It was a beautiful weekend and perfectly warm for boating. Sammie's Uncle Billy won the poker game with 4 Aces and a 9, and the boat won a few raffle prizes as well, so it was a good run. If you don't know what poker run is, well I will tell you. The houseboat association puts on a poker run each year. You get a ticket and get on a boat and then drive all over the lake to find the diller boats or poker boats. Once you arrive at each boat they give you a drink and a snack and then you pull a poker card, at the end of the day you are tipsy, full, sun tanned, and hopefully have a good hand. They also have a water fight incorporated into the "run". They fights are pretty fun to watch and boats get soaked. Sammie's dad made the ultimate water gun from a pump, PVC pipe and hose nozzles, needless to say their boat kicked but. Here are a few photos from the weekend.

Jail House Rock Boat

Mardi Gras Boat

"Our" boat killing it in a water fight

The Little and Me

I made the drive home from Merced in only 5 hours, yay! Just in time to unpack, do laundry, and re-pack for camping, another road trip up the southern part of Hwy1, and the Kahrs-Freer wedding in Carmel. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment