Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

Article Review...10 projections the future of education

I found this article interesting. Some of the projections are probably true like no more paper text books, at least in wealthy areas or within schools lucky enough to get grants for ipads and tablets. No more middle schools, or at least a lot less. The trend has been to go back to K-8/ 9-12 split in schools. I think as long as you separate the play ground (keep the little ones away from the bigger ones) then it would work, most private schools I know of are K-8 anyways and the kids who attended those schools seemed better prepared and more confident for high school (at least in my experience). And I have seen online classes replace college programs (especially for masters degrees), I am enrolled in one, MAT at USC, it's all online/virtual learning, and I love it. I get the exposure to great USC teachers without having to sit in traffic and deal with the crime at the real campus in LA. Plus I get to meet people from all over the world from the comfort of my own home, the only tools I need are a laptop, webcam, and skype to attend class, oh and those online PDF reader books are so cheap, much better than paper textbooks, now if only someone would give me an ipad......(to read those books, of course).



Now for the bogus ones, at least in my opinion. What kid is really going to learn from a robot? I think if I was in elementary school this robot would creep me out. And what kid is really going to listen to a robot chew them out for misbehaving in class, come one? REALLY? And eliminating testing like SAT and ACT, hardly. I think they will just replace the archaic exams with new ones, because people would complain of unfairness of ranking student portfolios based on demographics and opportunity. Those are just my thoughts.


What do you think? Will education change drastically in 10 years?

No comments:

Post a Comment