At VOS I have been working on writing a script for a short, 2 minute, YouTube film to advertise our Spanish lessons on Skype. We filmed Monday and I worked with our marketing/film guy to perfect it for YouTube (VOS ESpanish Film). I can say for the next one, I am going to hire someone to do my makeup! Hahaha. It was fun and a great learning process, I am now working on the sequel and we hope to film before I leave. My Spanish is now at a level where I am doing research in Spanish for my class. This week we researched the different types of urban tribes among young Porteños, the music of Argentina, and the history of the World Cup. I can say it was pretty awesome to be able to read articles in Spanish and understand in order to write synopsis in Spanish, I have finally learned the language.
After a tranquil start to my week, the Spanish talk became predominant and the festivities began. Wednesday I saw the Argentine film “Derecho de la Familia” at cine club and then went to Million for Happy Hour with my classmates and wrapped up the night with dinner at Piola Pizza. (Remember Porteños eat around 10pm, and we didn’t make it home until after 12, due to the good times we were having at the restaurant). Thursday was crazy; we had a Picada, or finger food, evening and fiesta. I even learned a bit of Portuguese that evening, but I won’t be using it as my pronunciation in Portuguese is a joke; I cannot speak properly at all! I was not blessed with the ability to speak in an accent, sad. I am definitely a gringa, but I am okay with that.
Friday is when the festivities really began……..La Mundial and an asado at school for lunch. Soccer is just so much more exciting in a soccer loving country. I may not know the rules but it’s just so exciting with all the viewing parties and paraphernalia. We started a pool for all the games this weekend and the losers have to buy the winner of this weekend’s games a beer. I am already losing, but still loving it, especially since I am sitting in front of the TV at work “working” while watching the games. Can’t wait for all the festivities this weekend, Saturday is already booked up with the Argentina v. Nigeria game and then USA v. England at two different bars with mixed groups and Argentina has set up large screens in two of the main city plazas for viewing as well, so exciting!
No comments:
Post a Comment