Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Adventures in Cooking...Rudy's and Beer Chicken

I am constantly looking for easy to do quick dinners that are tasty. I am not sure how to cook a whole chicken yet. One day I will try, but here is my version of Beer Can Chicken.

Ingredients:
1 Can American Beer (we had the Bud's left over from the 4th, sorry dad I know it's not tasty beer)
1/8 Cup Rudy's Poultry Seasoning (only available in Texas but any seasoning will do)
Chicken breasts or thighs (this was an old, very frozen pack of costco chicken thighs)

Directions:
Heat oven to 425 degrees F
Place frozen chicken directly in baking pan
Pour the whole can of beer over the chicken
Sprinkle the meat with the seasoning
Bake for about 50 minutes, or until chicken is done

Serve with your choice of sides. Here I made cauliflower mashed potatoes (recipe to come) and corn. I found that cooking the chicken this way really gets the beer flavor, next time I might try it with a nice flavored wheat beer, since you really do get the beer taste even after cooking.

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment