I joined a gym this week and life has been so much better. It was torture to not be able to be active. Right now I can only spin (slowly), but I enjoy reading the 4th Outlander book (still addicted Marissa) and I can swim. Oh man have I missed swimming, it's been a few years and since I can't get in the ocean yet, swimming is the next best thing. When you grow up swimming every day, it's hard to be out of water for too long, and it had been way too long out of a pool, nice to be back, although it's a bit tough with the ankle at this time, but it will get stronger in time. I am just so glad to be back!
As for the job hunt, well it's going, I have received a few interviews this time, haven't been stoked completely but, at least I am getting interviews, the economy seems to be looking up. I will land that job soon, I feel it. And as requested by a few of you I have started to write professionally on a part time basis, I am the new Newport Beach community examiner (http://www.examiner.com/beach-community-in-anaheim/katie-peters). I will be writing about events, restaurants, companies, shops, beaches, basically anything of interest as it pertains to Newport Beach. I make money through web traffic, so every time you click on my page, an article I write, or ads, I get some cash, it's not much but it's a start and I am published (for future job references). So please send the site along to anyone you might think interested or anyone with a lot of free time!
As for the beach, the weather has been amazing here, warm and sunny, can't ask for more, that's why I live here, I really don't think I could live in another state, California is just so amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment