Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Happy to be Home, but Frustrated with my Ankle

I can't wait to get to the Doctors tomorrow to get my ankle checked out, this hard splint, which looks like a cast, is killing me, in more ways than one. First, I am an active person and it is KILLING me that I can't do anything but hobble to and from the bathroom, the bedroom, living room, and the kitchen; which is a feat (the kitchen) because the crutches keep me from doing anything when I get there. Ugh. If you can't tell this is the first time in my life I have been off my feet, or hurt this badly at all, I have sprained this ankle about 5 times pretty badly before, but never spent more than a day off my feet, and never had crutches, I was tough. I guess 25 has made me soft, or I just messed it up too badly this time. I hope and pray that they can put something smaller on my ankle, preferably something waterproof so I can at least get some exercise in a pool, even though I keep starting out at the ocean and missing it badly, but I can wait for that, just get me into a pool, please. It's hard enough right now trying to keep it dry in a shower. I just need exercise so I pray I get a waterproof something tomorrow and the okay to drive.
Some of you might wonder, why haven't I called or visited, or set up an appointment when I got back? Well it's because it's my right ankle and I can't drive, but that has got to stop even if I have to teach myself to drive with my left foot. I am really learning the value of patience and testing my new happiness frame of mind, that the past 4 months gave me. I lost out on a job (it didn't pay very well anyways, but it was a job in marketing) because I can't drive yet! Ugh, have another interview for a low paying job this week, but maybe some growth later, so I need to learn to drive so at least I can show up and interview. Oh gosh, just my Irish luck. God is teaching me the virtue of patience, and I'm fighting back and not winning.
As for some good things, I have had a few job call backs, and did get some interviews, so that's a plus. Had a wonderful night out at Cafe Alissa on PCH with Nick on Fridayalthough, I could have killed him because he made me hobble/crutch my way the 3 blocks to the restaurant and back, but I did need the exercise and it felt good to be out even if my arms hated me. Saturday was a blast, I went with a friend to a college friends bbq and baseball/beer pong tournament. Such fun, and there was another college friend there with a broken right leg too! Buddies, we traded war stories, I hope I don't have a boot on a month from now, although I found out driving left footed isn't too hard. Then I had the surprise of my life, I have never had a surprise party, so I was totally surprised when Nick set up an evening bbq/welcome home party for me, when everyone jumped out behind the counter I was shocked! I am so glad to have a great boyfriend and wonderful friends here. It feels good to be home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment